HOORAY, LABOUR DAY WITH RAW,
VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE!
HAPPY LABOUR DAY!
To all the hard workers from all around the world, regardless of which industry you are battling in.
On this special day of the entire year, we celebrate by doing nothing. Ah, the joy of doing absolutely nothing..
But here is the first world problem.
We need food. Something sweet, hearty and a little festive. So today is the day where we scream that we deserve a huge slice of comforting cake to warm our cold feet and to nurse our sore thumbs. Raw, vegan and gluten-free, this incredibly creamy, rich and velvety chocolate mousse cake with Harmony® Halvia is just divine. The chia seeds just give an exciting crunch, defying the smoothness of the chocolate layer. But our favourite part lies on the moment where the dark, silky stream of goodness touches a pond of soft, crumbly base. Glorious and satisfying.
Now text yourself a little 'thank you' and dive into this mouthwatering wholesomeness, because that is exactly what we are going to do.
RAW, VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE WITH HALVIA CHIA SEEDS.
Cashews are soaked overnight for a creamier texture. Raw, toasted or air-fried cashews would work great.
Harmony® Halvia Chia Seeds are certified organic and premium graded. Packed with Omega-3, fiber and natural antioxidants. A key ingredient to boost the nutritional values of this sweet treat.
Coconut sugar can added sparingly until your desired level of sweetness is met. Entirely optional. Brown sugar works too.
1 cup of almond meal
1 cup of cacao powder
4 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 1/2 cups of air-fried cashews
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of cacao powder
1/2 cup of Harmony® Halvia
Flesh of 1 ripe medium avocado
Flesh of 1 frozen banana
1/2 cup of drinking water
Few pinches of coconut sugar
1. Oil a 9” round springform cake pan with coconut oil (if coconut sugar is used) or any flavourless oil to give a nice flavour and sheen around the cake edges. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Mix thoroughly for a couple of minutes, until they have resembled a sticky paste.
3. Press the base mixture into the oiled cake pan, firm and even, until it is compact and slightly sturdy. We find hands over cling wrap helpful to even out the base. Leave it in the freezer to set.
1. Vitamix is our best friend. In the blender, fill the soaked cashews (drained) and the rest of the ingredients (except for Halvia) and whir away. It would take a few minutes until it is completely smooth and silky. Check for the consistency, it should be a little watery at this point. Add more filtered water if necessary.
2. Off the blender, add Halvia into the smooth mixture and combine evenly. You can add more Halvia if the mixture is still runny.
3. Pour the filling over the cold base, even it out with a spatula (sprinkling more Halvia is optional) and cover it with cling wrap firmly. Leave it in the freezer overnight, or 4 hours, at least.
4. Now enjoy! Serve when it is slightly thawed to enjoy the mousse-like consistency.
Here is what we have leaRnt
Never use a conventional cake pan. A springform saves the world and so much time. Never force a cake out of the pan. Nothing ever comes out good by force anyway. Investing in a cake slice marker might be a smart choice.
So here is what we did. We ran tap water over the edges and bottom of the cake pan when it is still icy cold to release the cake out of the pan nicely. We boiled some water, dipped a sharp knife into it and sliced the cake into even slices, wiping the knife clean before the next slice.
We have tried storing the cake in the freezer for up to almost a week, and it is still as good as it should be, so no worries on that. Just relax and enjoy the mess!
After all, it is a holiday.
Happy Labour Day from Nature Care Life Science!