High Omega-3 vegan Wholemeal Loaf with chia
Dec 9, 2018 at 12:50 pm | Edited by Riri Tan
DO YOU KNOW YOUR BREAD?
If you are not aware about the high Omega-6 fatty acids content in most bread loaves, well, we might have bad news for you.
Bread, regardless white, wholemeal or multigrain, are packed with Omega-6, an essential fatty acid. As you may have probably guessed, Omega-6 fatty acids are something we most definitely need for a healthy body and it is only obtainable through what we consume. However, research suggests that consuming too much Omega-6 fatty acids can put us at risk of various life-threatening diseases due to the imbalanced ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids in our body.
In simple words, eating too much bread is probably a bad idea, simply because most breads sold on shelves have really terrible Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids ratio as well as bad fibre profile.
The ULTIMATE BREAD RECIPE.
Now hold on a minute, we are not suggesting that you should cut bread out of your life. That is just plain cruel!
In fact, it was our love for bread that drove us into writing this ultimate bread recipe that gives you a beautiful, golden wholemeal loaf with a balanced ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids. Yes, it is nearly impossible but we finally did it with Harmony®️ Previa. This amazing High Omega-3 Vegan Wholemeal Loaf is healthy, delicious, loaded with dietary fibre and most importantly, boasts a balanced ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids.
Now we can munch on a few slices of bread happily without having the guilt or fear.
high omega-3 vegan wholemeal loaf with chia
We strongly recommend Harmony® Previa for this recipe due to its high digestibility and better nutrient absorption compared to regular chia seeds.
You can substitute Harmony® Previa with our Harmony® Halvia chia seeds, if you would like.
Harmony® Previa is a naturally sweetened micro-milled chia powder with added soluble fibre. High in Omega-3 fatty acids, plant protein complete with all essential amino acids, dietary fibre, antioxidants and essential minerals. Beats inflammation very well too. Great as a baking ingredient as well as a pre-workout drink and a nutrient booster in your daily diet.
1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Stir well and leave aside for 10 minutes to bloom.
2. In a large bowl, incorporate flour, salt and oil together. Stir in yeast water slowly, until a wet dough forms.
3. Transfer dough onto a dusted work surface, knead with hands for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball.
4. Dust bowl and transfer dough back into the bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and proof for 1 hour.
5. When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down lightly for 6-8 times.
6. Gently knead in a sachet of Harmony® Previa until it is well distributed, before adding in the second sachet. Repeat until all 3 sachets are well incorporated. Add water if dough is tough or flaky to work with.
7. Shape dough into a log and place it inside a 7" non-stick loaf pan. Cover with a damp cloth and proof for 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 170°C.
9. Insert loaf pan into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Cover with damp cloth to cool for 20 minutes, until it is cool to touch.
11. Slice and enjoy.
2 1/2 cups of wholemeal flour
1 cup of warm water at 37°C
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of sugar
3 teaspoons of instant yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
3 sachets of Harmony® Previa