Refreshing vegan Chia Salad with lime dressing
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:43 pm | Edited by Riri Tan
chia salad for Summer, yes please!
If I were to choose one word to hate, it will be the word ‘summer’. But if I were to choose another word to love, it will be the word ‘versatile’.
And when I put these two words together, I get a perfect salad recipe for a hot day like this. To begin with, the salad consists of easily obtainable ingredients such as cucumber and avocados. Then, there are chia seeds and flax seeds, which gives the salad an extra boost of protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and minerals. Finally, it goes so well with this amazing lime dressing that is absolutely delicious and refreshing.
Just prep ahead, toss them in a container (dressing separately, of course) and indulge at anytime, anywhere. See? It is super versatile.
refreshing vegan chia salad with lime dressing
You add any vegetables you like, such as baby spinach, edamame and corns.
Ran out of flax seeds? Double the amount of chia seeds to compensate.
Harmony® Halvia chia seeds are USDA and EU certified organic and premium-graded. It is super packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and natural antioxidants. A key ingredient to balance out the Omega-6 with its rich Omega-3 fatty acids profile. Beats inflammation very well too.
For Salad Dressing
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
A pinch of black pepper
2 cups of salad green
1/2 medium avocado, sliced
1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
2 medium pink radishes, sliced
5 tablespoons of green peas
1 tablespoon of Harmony®️ Halvia chia seeds
1 tablespoon of flax seeds
1. To make dressing, blend lime juice, sugar, olive oil and black pepper in a blender till smooth. Set aside.
2. To prepare salad, steam or boil green peas in a pot until cooked.
3. Drain and dry thoroughly.
4. In a small bowl, gently mix avocado slices and lemon juice to prevent browning.
5. Plate a serving plate with salad greens, avocado slices, cucumber slices, pink radish slices and green peas.
6. Finish by sprinkling chia and flax seeds.
7. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.