chia Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:18 am | Edited by Riri Tan
‘refreshing’ is the new tasty.
It is December, but here I am, fanning myself diligently so my body decides that it is cool enough to not break a sweat.
No, I am not kidding, it is that hot today. But if you are still not convinced, try asking Siri about the weather today in Malaysia. I bet it says 38°C. Do not get me wrong though, I am not complaining. After all, I live in one of the most beautiful country in South East Asia that has really good food. And if you live in a tropical country like I do, I would say this wonderful Vegan Quinoa Chia Salad with Orange Vinaigrette is a must for lunch today. Super refreshing, healthy and easy to prep ahead.
Definitely a work lunchbox idea worth saving, my friend.
with Orange Vinaigrette
You add any vegetables you like, such as baby spinach, cucumber and baby corns.
Not a fan of quinoa? Go for pearl barley instead.
Harmony® Halvia chia seeds are USDA and EU certified organic and premium-graded. It is super packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and natural antioxidants. A key ingredient to balance out the Omega-6 with its rich Omega-3 fatty acids profile. Beats inflammation very well too.
For Salad Dressing
1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
Zest of 1/2 orange
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
1 cup of water
3/4 cup of onion, sliced
2 cups of coral lettuce
3/4 cup of tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons of Harmony®️ Halvia chia seeds
2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
1. To prepare salad, first bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan, then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine cooked quinoa, onion, coral lettuce, tomato, pomegranate seeds and Harmony® Halvia chia seeds together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. To make the dressing, blend all of the salad dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender till smooth.
4. Drizzle the dressing over salad mixture and toss to coat.
5. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator before serving.